The Times Higher Education recently quoted a report by a Dutch University, which claimed that universities could reduce estate footprint by 25% if staff become less “territorial” and shared teaching and office space with colleagues in other departments.
We asked the Efficiency Exchange community whether they are fans of communal ways of working, or find having their own workspace more efficient. Here are the results:
Where do you work most effectively?
- Private office please - I like to be in my own mess. (20%, 2 Votes)
- A communal, open plan workspace shared with colleagues from my own department (20%, 2 Votes)
- A communal, open plan workspace shared with colleagues from across the university (20%, 2 Votes)
- In a cafe with a laptop - can't work without my rich roast skinny latte (20%, 2 Votes)
- Home - where my thought's escaping, home where my music's playing. (10%, 1 Votes)
- The shed - it might be cold and damp but it is where I am most productive. (10%, 1 Votes)
- A office shared with one or two colleagues - it's more sociable, yet still calm. (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 10